Title: Workers Compensation Examiner
Location: Chicago, IL (in the Loop)
Lucas Group Job ID: 1567563
Pay rate: $32.00 per hour
Employment Type: Long term contract
Role Overview: Our client located in the Chicago loop near Ogilvie and Union Station is looking for a worker’s compensation (WC) examiner. Will be responsible for reviewing claims and medical bills to ensure the bills are a result from work comp injury. Ideal candidate will have 7-10 years’ experience investigating and adjusting Workers Compensation claims. This is a long-term contract position.
- Review worker’s compensation claims and medical bills to ensure they are in fact part of the work comp case.
- Utilize medical knowledge to assess claims and connect the dots in a claim to identify the problem
- Report and flag issues in CRM and report to management
- BA or certificate in Medical assistant or medical administration
- 7-10 years’ experience managing and adjusting worker compensation claims.
- File investigation
- Attention to detail
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions, and associates find professional success. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA with 16 regional offices, our trusted, consultative, and passionate recruitment professionals combine industry depth and geographic breadth to deliver superior results. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com.