* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Provide technical resources to develop, maintain, and implement weld processes to support facility. Will work closely with design engineering, quality, drafting, and production management/staff to resolve production issues. This position will provide direction and support to direct reports.
- Assignment and control of WPS / PQR / WPAR on wide range of aluminum, stainless and carbon steel alloys and associated filler metals / fluxes and shielding gases in compliance with ASME IX, EN 15614-1, -2 and AWS D1.1 using GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW and SMAW processes.
- Control and maintenance of WPQ’s including control and maintenance of continuity / prolongation logs as required for GTAW-AC / DC, GMAW semi-automatic, GMAW machine, FCAW , SAW and SMAW processes on a wide range of aluminum, stainless and carbon steel alloys and filler metals in compliance with ASME IX, EN 9606-1,2 and AWS D1.1
- Identification and resolution of production problems on the shop floor on a 2 shift basis. Problem resolution may include co-ordination with design engineering, quality control, drafting, sales and production supervision.
- Assist in set-up and administration of training programs for both hands on and classroom environment. Training programs cover full range of activities in a technically challenging welding environment.
- Development of new processes, procedures and weld technology for the advancement and development of improved manufacturing procedures, quality improvement and reduction in fabrication, assembly and weld costs.
- Maintain, control and administer issuance of internal and customer required documents as related to Weld Maps, WPS / PQR / WPAR. Issuance of these documents will require familiarity with customer specifications as well as the requirements of ASME VIII, IX, EN15614 and 9606.
- Assist Quality Control / Shop floor supervision in quality improvement initiatives and the review of statistical data to determine and implement ways and means to continually improve in reduction of weld repairs and weld re work. Review RT, LPT, UT or other NDE inspections as required for continued process improvements.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- BS degree (Weld Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent) required
- 5+ years’ relevant experience (preferably in shop production or field construction)
- Demonstrated management and leadership training or demonstrated management abilities.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of statistical control
- Familiarity with all aspects of the GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW and SMAW weld processes as related to aluminum, stainless and carbon steel welding
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Excel, Word and weld programs (C-Spec); familiarity with NDE basics including RT, UT, LPT, MPT and VT
- This role will be on the production floor 50% of the time.
Title: Weld Engineering Manager
Locations: Minneapolis MN area
Client Job ID: 1588003