Wastewater Treatment Engineer Job – Job #1567744
Our client is a nearly 100 year-old global, family owned company that is an industry leader in providing wastewater treatment, material handling, and other systems to support the power, coal & other industries. We are exclusively partnering with them on a Wastewater Treatment Program Engineer opening to work out of their HQ in the northern Chicago suburbs.
This is a brand-new role as our client has recently had a large increase in wastewater projects. This is a direct-hire (salaried) position offering a strong compensation package with benefits and a strong possibility of continued professional growth & promotion opportunities.
Wastewater Treatment Program Engineer Responsibilities
- Be a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in driving projects focused on wastewater treatment.
- Provide technical support to projects within the industrial wastewater treatment & utility markets.
- Partner with other internal teams to ensure project success while also offering continued training & development to the engineering staff in regards to wastewater treatment best practices, equipment selection, vendor management.
- Oversee system and equipment design to confirm all customer, budget, and regulatory standards are being met.
- Stay current on technology, trends, and suppliers to meet goals.
- Lead the technical execution of all related projects.
Wastewater Treatment Program Engineer Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline is required. Any advanced degree, P.E. license, or other relevant certifications are preferred but not mandatory.
- A minimum of 5 or more years of project engineering experience within industrial wastewater environments. Any experience within the power industry is highly preferred.
- Previous experience selecting equipment and vendors.
- Having worked with a family-owned or privately-held organization is beneficial.
- Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time (domestically).
- Excellent communication skills. The desire to work closely with others and on a collaborative team.