Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Warehouse Manager.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Position: The Warehouse Manager oversees and directs all warehousing, shipping and receiving functions. The Manager is responsible for all packaging, raw, resale, and finished product inventories for the facility. In addition, the Manager coordinates the effective use of people and equipment in the most efficient manner possible to meet customer and company requirements.
• Manage Activities of Warehouse and Inventory Employees:
- Prepare and assign the work schedule and job assignment of each employee.
- Direct the training and monitor the progress of employees.
- Participate in the hiring/interviewing process for new employees.
- Ensure warehouse meets all company, regulatory and independent auditor criteria.
- Monitor inventory discrepancies determine cause and corrective action.
- Involved in discipline and coaching of employees.
• Manage Raw Product and Resale:
- Evaluate monthly raw product needs for procurement.
- Send expected usage report for raw product to procurement as needed.
- Monitor age and rotation.
- Monitor vendor tags and communicate issues to procurement.
- Work with procurement, supply chain and production to level inventories as needed.
- Perform all necessary system transactions to support the movement of product.
• Manage Packaging:
- Perform or oversees the receipt of packaging.
- Make and monitor inventory adjustments in SAP.
- Monitor the ‘days on hand’ inventory to forestall outages.
- Responsible for regularly scheduled continuous counts:
- Manage the movement of raw, resale and packaging between other facilities.
- Manage projects as assigned.
- Work on continuous improvement plans.
- Participate with Management Team to develop, implement, and ensure adherence to company and Plant procedures.
- Manage the Plant’s industrial lift repairs, PM’s, etc in conjunction with Transportation Supervisor.
- Monitor virtual bin locations, follow-up and clean as needed.
- All employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies & procedures.
- All employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- 4 years of warehouse management or more.
- 5 years of warehouse experience or more.
- In depth understanding of inventory and warehouse management.
- Ability to make sound, independent decisions based on standard practices.
- Ability to provide leadership, support, communication and direction to line personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve beyond routine issues.
- Experience in the use of a bar code driven (RF) operation.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead in a team based culture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Basic computer skills.
- SAP experience
- Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
- Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
- Product weight: up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
Title: Warehouse Manager
Location: Plymouth, WI
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: