* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
This position is to provide direction to, supervision of, and oversight of warehouse and associated workers who fulfill orders in a warehouse environment. The position is responsible for order management to include all steps required to efficiently fill orders and to maintain inventory accuracy.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Safety leader on the shift to reduce near misses to zero. Maintain procedures, equipment, and facilities to ensure a safe work environment
• Management representative on-site and understands when to call in support or assistance.
• You will be responsible for the warehouse operations including end-to-end processes (storage, picking, packing, replenish, cycle counting, dock management, loading, and shipping) to meet customer and company requirements (on time, every time).
• Responsible for staff planning to ensure resources are effectively utilized to maximize output while minimizing costs.
• Lead the day-to-day dispatch of Customer orders on the floor and in WMS and ERP systems. This includes order waving through loading into the truck.
• Works closely with the office (planning and transport) to assure freight are sequenced properly and documents are correct and complete.
• Responsible for the development and growth of departmental staff and enhancing the overall skills & capabilities of the department.
• Responsible to ensure departmental staff operates according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Work Instructions (WI). Including training new hires or change management when SOP and WI are updated.
• Responsible for meeting operations important metrics. Update daily reports and take corrective actions when setting critical metrics are not meeting the target. Support continuous improvement to raise efficiencies.
• Able to receive inbound of purchased finished goods when the check-in the urgent item arrives after normal receiving hours (unloading, check-in, and put away).
• Ensure excellent housekeeping conditions in working areas.
• Maintain current and accurate employee performance assessments and provides coaching.
• Ensure proper adherence to practices/policies which increase and maintain inventory accuracy.
• Communicates at regular business updates on operations activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 5 years active duty
- Military experience, Logistics, Warehousing, or Distribution center 1 + year successful leadership experience doing that in the military
- 4 year degree, honorable discharge???????