* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Position directs and coordinates daily warehouse operations for the plant. Position supervises all warehouse associates emphasizing effective day-to-day warehouse performance.
· Hires, supervises, trains, and develops the warehouse staff.
· Provides associates with guidance, training and communication regarding job requirements, all OSHA safety guidelines, ISO procedures & company rules/expectations.
· Performs performance appraisals and provides timely feedback regarding performance reviews to the employee.
· Coordinates the scheduling of warehouse personnel to ensure proper coverage in order to receive and distribute products/materials in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
· Coordinates proper vacation request for warehouse associates.
· Coordinates warehouse associates’ schedules ensuring appropriate coverage at all times.
· Completes and approve warehouse associate’s time-cards.
· Coordinates all inbound and outbound orders.
· Responsible for the general condition of the warehouse, shipping/receiving areas and yard areas in regards to container storage and overall cleanliness. Inspects for any improper warehousing of inventory & insures the warehouse is neat and clean at all times. * Manages warehouse supplies at proper inventory levels and insure all warehouse costs are meeting plan.
· Provides effective communication between service center office staff and the warehouse personnel. * Provides the highest level of customer service.
· Develops/maintains various warehouse productivity reports. * Monitors phone calls, voice mails, e-mails and other communications, providing professional communication in a timely manner. * Monitors all warehouse activity for proper output, productivity, and safety processes (flag up, lock out tag out, etc.)
· Manages all ISO procedures, documentation, and control of records, correct forms and training.
· Manage inventory accuracy and flow, perform cycle counts
· Monitors forklift maintenance, safety, and training.
Education and Experience
· Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
· 3 years leadership experience
· 5+ years Warehouse experience
· Prior Supervisory and/or Leadership experience
· Fork Lift experience
- Computer skills: Proficiency with word-processing and spreadsheet applications required (MS Word & Excel preferred).
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Proven leadership competencies including problem solving, decision making, motivation, ethical performance, teamwork, results oriented.
Each position focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities may require close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment ranges from normal office noise levels to loud.