We are partnering with our client, a nationally recognized billion-dollar retail company on a Warehouse Manager opening for their DC in the far NW suburbs of Chicago. The Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the facility in addition to management of the Supervisors & staff. This is a full-time, salaried position eligible for an annual bonus.
This is a very large distribution center with over a million square feet spread across several buildings. You would be responsible for multiple teams across multiple shifts. Our client is always looking for high-level talent and this opening is for someone who is passionate about using their management skills to lead teams and their ability to analyze data to drive process improvements, to improve the site operations.
Warehouse Manager Responsibilities
- The Warehouse Manager is responsible for leading the daily operations of the site.
- Oversee the flow of product throughout the facility.
- Support the Supervisors that are responsible for the hiring, training, performance reviews, mentoring, and disciplinary action for their individual teams.
- Ensure all OSHA, local, and corporate safety regulations are adhered to.
- Lead all team meetings.
- Meet all staffing, safety, and performance metrics.
- Use Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Continuous Improvement methods to improve processes and efficiencies.
Warehouse Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain or a related field is required.
- Previous experience successfully leading a warehouse or distribution center and its employees.
- A minimum of five or more years of experience of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, or Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Must have the ability to analyze data to evaluate performance and identify areas for additional improvement.
- Exposure to SAP is beneficial.