We are exclusively partnering with our client, a leader in within their niche in the chemical manufacturing space, on an Warehouse & Logistics Manager role based in Louisiana.
The Warehouse & Logistics Manager is responsible for the overall operations of multiple warehouses including Shipping, Receiving and Warehouse Inventory for a 2-shift operation. Additional management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, quality control of finished goods inventory, receiving functions, shipping functions, inventory control and transportation for both US and International.
If you are interested in an opportunity with a company that provides opportunities for extensive internal growth, this could be the right one for you!
- Maintains receiving, warehousing and shipping operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Directs the activities Receiving, Shipping and Inventory supervisor(s) and their subordinates
- Ensure overall quality of Warehouse and Logistics work is at or above set standards of excellence
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Establishes maintenance programs for all Logistics equipment including fork trucks, strapping machines, scales, conveyors, pallet jacks, computers, label printers, shrink wrappers, etc.
- Coordinates the effective utilization of manpower, equipment and materials, maintaining applicable cost and delivery metrics
- Hires and manages a team of production planners and schedulers
- Complies with federal, state and local warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant degree.
- Five plus years in a demonstrated Warehouse/Logistics leadership role.
- Thorough knowledge of operating policies, practices and procedures.
- Experience in trade / export preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory issues relative to shipping preferred.
- Dangerous Goods experience preferred.
- IATA / IMO / DOT Certified preferred.
- Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau, and statistics software