Lucas Group Inc has partnered with one of the most “up and coming” Fashion Boutiques in the Missy, Young Contemporary Fashion Space. This Retailer, based in Chicago, has had strategic growth over the last decade. Now, dominating across the entire Midwest with the most compelling selection of fun, spirited, sexy fashion.
We are seeking an expert VP of Wholesale Sales for our client’s proprietary label apparel, footwear and accessories. This collection will be sold throughout North America and Internationally.
- Develops seasonal, annual and long-term business plans in collaboration with the leadership team
- Formulates and drives the overall commercial strategy for the collections including; where to play choices, how to win strategy, commercial building blocks, key business drivers and KPIs
- Conducts regular landscape assessments including competitor benchmarking, marketplace assessment and brand positioning
- Analyzes data and insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Defines the distribution strategy and framework for the market, delivers the commercial toolbox
- Directs merchandising team to ensure consumer right assortments by channel, provides feedback on opportunities to global team
- Owns the financial results for the category
- Collaborates with sales team to identify new market opportunities, provide consumer relevant selling tools and deliver seasonal commercial package
- Supports sales in key account meetings, sales launches, introduction to new technologies, etc.
- Creates alignment across the organization to achieve business objectives and deliver financial results
- Works with sales, merchandising and supply to ensure product demand forecasts, ensure optimization of inventory and revenue
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred, and 10+ years of related experience in sales, marketing, product, merchandising, and category management with focus on the Fast Fashion, Contemporary industry.
- Strong experience leading and developing high performing teams as well as experience building and implementing strategic plans and having responsibility for revenue, margin and EBIT contribution. Other qualifications include:
- Must demonstrate a strong business awareness and financial understanding while considering the bigger picture; thinks of result, efficiencies, performance and quality; suggests solutions and drive initiatives
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact initiatives
- Strong communication skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and collaborate across functions; ability to influence and gain buy in from key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment