The individual in the role of Vice President, Sales and Business Development will be expected to expand sales and business development activities of Company's successful Optical Product and Display Business Unit.
In working closely with Product Managers, you will lead every aspect of the sales process from prospecting, go-to-market strategies to customer relationship management for Company worldwide. It is expected that the Vice-President of Sales and Business Development increases Company's presence in existing market promoting new products but also focus on developing new markets in accordance with the Business Unit's strategic vision. Individual will have the responsibility of the entire sales activities, from strategic to tactical functions and manage a team of direct sales account managers, inside sales and independent representatives.
In collaboration with BU Product Managers, the Vice-President of Sales and Business Development is responsible for defining, reviewing and developing a sales team and sales processes to achieve Company's long term objectives. This includes further developing a number of well-established customers but more importantly to implement structured customer relationship management and sales processes. You will develop the sales strategies and lead the sales team to action, monitor opportunity funnel, measure performance and provide a voice of the customer to the Product Managers.
Specific responsibilities in collaboration with the product manager include:
- Establish and execute business development strategies and coordinate all activities to achieve BU financial objectives
- Develop a sales organization by acquiring new talent
- Establish detailed sales processes and metrics
- Develop customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Coach sales team with hands-on approach with daily interaction
- Embody and represent Company's brand to the market
- Identify customers, target markets and have a lead generation process
- Capture market trends, customer strategic evolution
- Develop value proposition and go to market strategy
- Directly engage with customers promoting products and services
- Lead marketing activities such as collateral material development, external creative agencies, digital media, branding and product promotion campaign
- Lead trade show activities
- Perform presentation to customers
- Quantify and qualify business development opportunities, win strategies, recommend pricing strategy
- Be the ultimate representative to each customer accounts and provide leadership to Company's functional areas; QA, Product Management
- Understand customers profile, needs and business models
- Perform sales and margin projections
The Vice-President, Sales and Business Development is expected to bring proven leadership success in a Sales and Business Development roles. The candidate will have demonstrated ability to develop a sales organization including the use of representatives. The candidate will also have been successful in implementing a number of sales processes with highly data driven process flow.
The candidate will possess both a very dynamic, outgoing personality and a sharp analytical thinking ability. Experience in high value niche market segments is preferable where custom solutions and capabilities are sold over standard products.
A solid technical foundation, normally acquired by a technical degree and years of product development, is a definite advantage.
- Bachelor degree, MBA preferred
- 15+ years of experience in a direct management role
- Must have LED & LCD Displays Experience
- Proven success in developing and applying structured processes to sales and business development. Highly data driven.
- Hands-on leader who has formed coached and led teams to success.
- Proven ability to generate leads and develop new relationships