VP of Product Management (Merchandising, Product/Segment/Category Management)
This role is a senior business leader who is responsible and accountable for ~700 brand, 100,000 item B2B distributor serving ~9,000 power sports dealerships mostly in the US is looking for ‘Head of Products’.
They will be leading a team of ~40 Product Management, Supply Chain Management and Marketing professionals. This leader will be tasked with driving the growth of the business through a focus on consumer insights and data backed decisions which lead to a product and brand strategy that delivers sales performance, margin strength and competitive advantage in the power sports market.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of similar experience in leadership roles. A deep understanding of how to gain consumer insight and apply it to a multi-brand portfolio of products across multiple channels.
Position (VP level) leads staff of ~40 in newly re-organized ‘Products’ group, reporting to CEO and:
- Owns all activities around product lifecycle management;
- Decides on product portfolio (new/discontinued);
- Determines category/segment strategy (good/better/best);
- Is measured on specific metrics: Sales, absolute product profit, inventory turns (within given fill-rates), capital efficiency, …;
- Structures and manages tiered brand organization (Own brands, Tier 1, Tier 3, Tier 2);
- Is responsible for product promotions (w/ Marketing);
- Manages all aspects of supplier relationship;
- Overseas integrated transactional product buying;
- Overseas sourcing decisions (own brands) and Asia forward-sourcing operations;
- Is responsible for SIOP process;