Vice President of Sales
Lucas group has partnered with a growing com[any. They are looking for individuals who are excited and passionate about aiding in their expansion into new territories and are eager to share product knowledge with cannabis connoisseurs and new users alike.
MUST HAVE CANNABIS EXPERIENCE
Vice President of Sales
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Achieve high sales growth rates for the region by clearly communicating, coaching and developing the regional directors, Sales Managers, and Account Executive Sales Team to exceed the assigned objectives.
- Create Key Performance Indicators and standards for each region based on annual and quarterly objectives.
- Ensure that distribution, promotional, merchandising, and pricing goals are delivered for the territory and for key accounts.
- Recruit, select, hire, train, coach, and develop the sales team through frequent in-field coaching, focused direction, and sharing of best practices among the team members.
- Develop and implement a strategic account coverage plan that ensures we have our best resources responsible for our highest potential customers.
- Make sure every territory is staffed with an effective sales professional, and is assigned the right number of accounts, volume level, and geography.
- Ensure that administrative duties are met continually, including: SOPs, CRM usage, AR processes, company department meetings and deadlines.
- Understand our customer's needs and develop the proper plan for each major market to cover the right accounts with either internal or external resources.
- Make certain that all field assigned customers are receiving optimal contact.
- Work with the events team to develop an in-market training schedule with each sales professional.
- Conduct standing weekly calls with each Division Leader (AE, NorCal, ,and SoCal) to ensure clear communication and accountability.
- Build strong customer relationships to help gain support for our brands, products, programs and people. Make account visits with Account Executives to help build our presence.
- Communicate market conditions and needs to the marketing team to ensure our programs and plans are competitive, focused, and successful.
- Actively participate in strategic planning meetings to help drive the process that results in a successful strategy.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Accountability for achieving results; high integrity and reliability.
- Proven ability to build and lead a successful sales team with continuous improvement through coaching/development and sharing of best practices.
- Provide strategic direction for team.
- Strategic and analytical skills to understand and use sales data, internal sales information, CRM, and external competitive intelligence to build a winning approach for the regional sales team.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner, providing encouragement, coaching, and reprimand when necessary to build and continue elevating sales teams.
- Demonstrated personal initiative, effective planning and organization skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Ability to understand and analyze sales reports.
- The ability to travel 20% - 40% is required for this position. Expected field travel a minimum of 12 days a month.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years Cannabis industry experience
- 3 years Executive Level experience
- 10 years proven, progressive sales leadership experience