The VP, Pricing and Analytics will own all aspects (strategy, processes, systems, reporting, people) surrounding company pricing and analytics, and related reporting and metrics. This role will work with Merchandising, Marketing and Sales to develop strategies that maximize price and margin opportunities. This VP, Pricing and Analytics will own analysis for maximum performance and impact, providing scheduled and ad hoc reporting and analytical pricing structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all facets (strategy, processes, systems, reporting) surrounding the pricing of products across our brands
- Lead the pricing process from start to finish
- Maximize price and margin opportunities within and across brands
- Develop and manage KPI’s to measure effectiveness and outcomes of pricing actions
- Partner with executive level sales, merchandising, operations and finance leadership to deliver financial outcomes and operational objectives
- Forecast brand profitability based on pricing and marketing strategies, industry trends and competition
- Work across the organization to provide analytical pricing structures
- Develop pricing expertise with our current systems and develop tools to enhance our execution of our pricing strategies by developing surrounding processes, owners, timelines and reporting
- Manage pricing vis-à-vis competitors and regional competitive situation by gathering and integrating market and competitive insights into pricing and other activities
- Support pricing system enhancements with the IT department
- Develop, implement and follow-up with users on pricing rules through our pricing systems
- Manage our price check process to ensure that our competitive data is actionable
- Vendor Relationship
- Data Feeds
- Participate in the selection of and facilitate all training for Pricing Analysts, as team is built out
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Focus in Business, Statistics or Data Science. Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of experience in related field including pricing or customer management
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, data mining, and software including SQL, R, Python
- Working knowledge or related technologies and work-flows
- Track record of leading organizational transformation and analytical projects.
- Project management experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to institute structure as needed
- Cross functional mindset and ability to manage and influence diverse stakeholder groups with competing priorities
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and adapt accordingly
- Ability to multi-task in a highly complex, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with an advanced skill level In Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, macros).