Lucas Group has partnered with our cannabis client in Desert Hot Springs on their search for a Vice President of Human Resources. This company is one of the top companies in CA, is growth oriented and offers one of the best opportunities for future in the industry. Are you ready for this one?
They are seeking a Vice President, Human Resources to join their dynamic team headquartered in the Desert Hot Springs, California area. The Vice President, Human Resources will be a key member of our executive management team, reporting to the President, and will play a vital role in overseeing and achieving our strategic goals in ways that support our mission and overall business strategy in a rapidly growing organization.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively anticipate, manage, and communicate the traditional responsibilities of human resources, administrative services, and strategic facility management while also participating in the development of strategic goals and creative initiatives that will continue to support and enhance corporate culture, performance, productivity, professional growth, and talent retention enabling our team members to thrive.
Our employees are our most valued resource and the Vice President, Human Resources will help us continue to live this sentiment through continuous engagement, development of processes and programs, performance bench marking, and leveraging of best practices.
As a member of the leadership team, the Vice President, Human Resources will have current and exceptional subject matter knowledge and the capability to direct the implementation of best practices, data-driven analytics, and be enthusiastically objective while guiding human resources programs, training and development, and corporate culture. The preferred candidate will be able to establish effective relationships that span the entire company and help nurture a cultural dynamic that works to foster collaboration. This is a hands-on role with opportunity to create a world-class HR department!
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; strategically plans HR initiatives to support this mission through continuous engagement, development of process and programs and leveraging of best practices.
- Oversees all areas of human resources including talent management, recruiting, employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits, training and development, organizational effectiveness, HRIS, and payroll.
- Creates and administers a wide variety of personnel policies, processes and employment agreements (e.g. recruitment, selection, hiring, orientation, labor and employment contracts, compensation schedule, etc.) for the purpose of conforming to state and federal regulations, contracts and agreements, in alignment with organizational goals and priorities.
- Guides and implements the overall provision of human resources policies, and programs for the entire company; continually educate employees on company policies, including sexual harassment, and ensure employee handbook is current with all local, state, and federal laws and company practices.
- Develops and directs the overall talent management strategy and implementation including workforce planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and development inclusive of performance planning; management development and improvement; and succession planning. Manages relevant external recruiting activities and relationships with employment agencies, recruiters, and temporary staffing agencies.
- Enables retention by recruiting, selecting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and positive work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Oversees employment law compliance and adherence to regulatory requirements, including mandated training and industry-specific training.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the human resource team; assists with resolution of key questions, concerns, and issues.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops HR staff, including providing career development planning and opportunities; communicate job expectations and constructive feedback.
- Provides guidance, coaching, and mentoring to the executive team, managers, and employees company wide.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in human resources and continually evaluates and institutes enhancements.
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget for human resources and administrative services.
- Reviews, recommends, and administers company benefits, health plans, and wellness programs; researches and recommends new competitive programs that will enhance employee retention and encourage employee wellness.
- Promotes a positive and open work environment where employees at all levels feel comfortable speaking up about issues and/or concerns and fosters cross-functional relationships ensuring managers and employees are connected.
- Monitors company climate and culture, ensuring a positive and productive work environment; regularly meets with employees across all levels and assesses any problems or grievances they may have; takes immediate and appropriate actions to remedy situations using various methods and techniques, including coaching, counseling and training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of California employment-related laws and regulations.
- Highly computer literate including knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and various human resource information systems and software; experience with Wurk is highly desirable.
Key Success Attributes:
- Deep understanding and appreciation of the role HR leadership plays in building and sustaining a continuous improvement culture; embracing a culture of continuous improvement through his/her own leadership behavior
- Degree: BA
- Work Experience: 8 years
Title: VP of HR
Client Industry: Farming
Lucas Group ID: