Vice President, Multifamily and Commercial Construction Project Manager
The Vice President of Multifamily/Commercial Project Management will oversee multiple Ground-up and Tenant Improvement projects. This individual will work with the acquisition team in determining the feasibility of all projects and help select architects, GCs, etc. He or she will serve as the company's primary point of contact once ground has broken.
The Project Manager will also take part in selecting and mentoring project staff and ensuring that the entire team works together efficiently to complete the projects safely, on time, and on budgets.
Reports to: Chief Investment Officer
Location: San Francisco based with projects throughout the West Coast
Project Types: Multi Family (Tower and Garden-style) and Commercial (Industrial and Mixed-use)
- Supervise and direct all aspects of construction projects and team.
- Perform cost estimating, budgeting, and project forecasting.
- Responsible for schedules, change orders, billings, and monthly status reports.
- Ensure that the work is in compliance with Cities/Counties requirements and building codes
- Able to communicate with teams on key building information.
- Accountable for key project details and completion that lead to client satisfaction.
Skills & Qualification:
- 15+ years managing projects for a reputable commercial general contractor(s) or Owner.
- History of managing teams and projects in various locations across the US
- Bachelors degree in construction management or engineering (preferred)
- Support job site construction and experience with self-perform work.
- Experience working on commercial Tenant improvement, Ground up new construction, and
- Design-build experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with cost projection, financial analysis, budget reviews, labor reports.
- 30-40% travel when possible