The Lucas Group is searching for an experienced and talented US Communications Senior Manager to add as a key member of our client’s team in New York. Our client is a leading global law firm for the world's most prestigious businesses and transformational strategic work, and these strengths have helped build a reputation for breaking new legal ground, handling the highest-profile transactions and solving complex challenges.
Sitting in the firm’s US marketing and business develop team, the US Communications Senior Manager will serve in an important and highly visible position. The ideal US Communications Senior Manager is passionate about media relations, extraordinarily proactive and self-motivated, highly comfortable working with and counseling firm partners and senior-level staff, and excited to join a growing global team.
• Design and implement key components of the firm’s US communications strategy.
• Drive proactive media campaigns, responds to inbound PR opportunities and develop messaging in support of the firm’s strategic objectives.
• Plan and execute the firm's internal and external communications and provide practical and strategic advice in relation to the firm's communications activities.
• Liaise with senior stakeholders across the firm to support their strategic leadership communication along with important firm-wide internal campaigns and initiatives.
• Collaborate with senior stakeholders and communications colleagues to ensure that firm-wide campaigns and initiatives used to promote the firm externally is also communicated effectively through our internal channels, and that internal communications material is used effectively through external channels.
• Identify in conjunction with partners and business development teams a ‘pipeline’ of emerging trends and issues in relevant practices and sectors that can be communicated to the firm’s audiences via a range of channels.
• Support the communications team and relevant practice teams with the creation of research projects and PR campaigns that will help grow the firm’s reputation.
• Monitor and identify opportunities arising from planned features and special reports in key media for all practices and sector groups.
• Supervise the awards process ensuring entries are quality controlled and on occasion write firm-wide submissions. Provide advice to Business Development Managers on awards, sponsorship, advertising, editorial and advertorial proposals.
• Oversee the posting, distribution and maintenance of news over firm’s social media channels
• Write communication materials such as press releases, media pitches, deal announcements, byline article abstracts, pre-briefing documents, social media posts, etc.
• Counsel partners and colleagues in the Marketing Department on PR opportunities and challenges.
• Prepare partners and colleagues for media interviews and actively participates in meetings with key reporters.
• Assist with the organization of press-related events hosted by the firm.
• Regularly monitor and circulate online/social media coverage relevant to the firm.
• Work seamlessly with colleagues across the globe to help deliver effective, measurable communications.
• Look for new and innovative ways to engage our internal audiences, exploring new channels if required and staying ahead of the latest industry developments.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism required. An MBA or other related advanced degree is preferred.
· 12+ years’ experience communications/public relations experience, preferably with at some experience in legal PR either at a firm or on the agency side.
· Proven track record of successful client relationship management.
· Strong understanding of the media landscape; strong news sense and knowledge of what it takes to generate impactful media coverage.
· Experience in developing and successfully executing PR and communications plans.
· Comfortable interacting with and counseling partners and senior-level employees.
· Excellent verbal communication skills and exceptional writing abilities.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to successfully prioritize multiple demands and meet deadlines under pressure.
· Ideally has experience with social media and content marketing.
· Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and a positive, proactive style.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen, clarify and share information easily.
· The ability to build strong working relationships and to be able to persuade and influence a range of people, including partners.
· The ability to lead in a high-pressure environment with a focus on results.
· Strong research and organizational skills.
· Resilient and able to remain calm and positive under pressure.
· Decisive and mature in judgement.
· A commitment to the highest level of integrity and performance; and
· Able to resolve complex issues taking a proactive approach to analyze the problem and generate solutions.
This US Communications Senior Manager position requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast-paced environment, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Please email your resume to Amanda Cooper at the Lucas Group at email@example.com.
Follow me on LinkedIn for new roles and industry information at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucasgroupcreativeamanda/