* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Our client has more than a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to students across the US and Canada. We have partnered with them in their search for a Transportation/Location Manager for their St Louis MO location. This opportunity takes an all-important “Safety First” attitude in supporting the company’s community children and families all over North America.
This position will manage location operations and provide staff oversight of approx. 60 part- & full-time drivers, with a support staff including a Shop Manager, Safety Manager, Trainer, Dispatcher, Routers, and Payroll associates. You will represent the company with school administrators for all communications, excluding contract negotiations.
- Manage operational expenses to optimize all costs per bus; explain budget variances; maximize all charter revenue
- Manage injury and collision claims; ensure safety practices and applicable regulations are obeyed by all employees
- Ensure facilities and buses are maintained to safety and applicable regulatory standards, including environmental standards, i.e., idling time
- Set accurate scheduled hours for routes; minimize route drive times and mileage while adhering to contractual and regulatory mandates; minimizes driver labor schedule; efficiently use stand-by drivers
- Provide accurate timely operational and financial reporting as requested by AGM and/or finance
- Ensure that purchases (to include parts) follow company processes and policies
- Required: 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ previous management experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in transportation
- Must be familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Willing to work extended hours regularly, including weekends
Title: Transportation/Location Manager
Location: St Louis MO
Lucas Group Job ID: 1578551