* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
This position monitors, operates, and controls the New York transmission system through a central operations center; responds to system conditions, coordinates activities involving intrastate transmission grid systems within Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), New York Independent System Operator (NYISO), and company operating guidelines to maximize reliability of electric service.
- Monitors, analyzes, and responds to electric system conditions by monitoring the flow of electricity through substations and over a network of transmission lines via the Energy Management System (EMS).
- Control electric transmission facilities in a safe and reliable manner in compliance with FERC, NERC, NYISO and company procedures, rules, and standards. Provide work direction to field personnel and coordinate with neighboring entities during normal and abnormal system conditions for the safe removal and return to service of sections of transmission system in accordance with approved operating and safety procedures.
- Direct and/or perform high-voltage switching operations during normal and abnormal conditions.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- PREFERRED: minimum 2 years of experience working in the electrical power industry or military power field.
- Education or training regarding electrical industry work (power plant operations, I & C technician, electrician or similar.)
- Must obtain a valid NERC Transmission Operator or Reliability Coordinator certification within 6 months of initial hire date; attends required training classes to maintain NERC certification.
Title: Transmission System Operator
Location: Northern Albany NY area
Client Job ID: 1583351