Our Client is the leader in professional-quality sanitation, hygiene, laundry, odor control, bowl wash, and floor care solutions to the animal care industry. Our goal is to provide the healthiest environment possible for both the staff and the animals in their care. We are growing and looking for new team members to join us. If you are looking for a career in protecting the health and safety of animals, this may be the opportunity for you.
Territory Sales and Service Representatives (TSSR) are responsible for developing and managing a territory of customers in the animal care industry. Territory Sales and Service Representatives are responsible for the following: establishing a routine maintenance check on all metered dispensing units to ensure proper dispensing of chemicals; grow sales by acquiring new customers and positioning new products; retain existing customers by providing excellent customer service; providing customer training on proper cleaning and sanitation protocols within their facility.
We are looking for candidates who will reside within 50 miles of Riverside and willing to travel 2-3 overnights per month.
- Within your assigned accounts, you will facilitate the sale of products by making suggestions for improvements with existing products and new innovations.
- Manage site services while ensuring proper function and appearance.
- Identify potential new customers and actively work to bring them onboard.
- Completes the required visit reports based on the customer’s mandated visit frequency (Monthly, Quarterly, etc.).
- Complies with company’s safety protocols.
- Maintains proper maintenance of vehicle.
- Plans and executes an efficient daily route to maximize effectiveness and productivity.
- Maintains knowledge of products and their applications for each specific customer.
- Demonstrates and trains customers on the use of products and services.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers by evaluating their needs with a focus on sales opportunities.
- Effectively engages the right resources to resolve problems.
- Completes required paperwork including the proper update of customer contact records.
- Maintains adequate levels of car stock inventory to sufficiently support customer needs, keeps organized, and easily accessible.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, and long-term plans for both the territory and customer.
- Plans work by geography to increase effectiveness and productivity.
- Completes and submits monthly plan and all other required paperwork to the Director of Sales and Marketing in a timely manner.
- Completes and submits all hours worked for the week by the established deadline.
- Manages days out of the field for meetings, vacation, sick/personal time, training, and rollouts with minimal impact to the district’s objective.
- Performs and completes other tasks and assignments as directed by management.
- Dependable, hard-working, self-motivated and uses sound judgment.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable Motor Vehicle record.
- Position requires lifting, bending, or standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working in tight or noisy spaces. Work involves moderate exposure to extreme temperatures and dust.
- Ability to work flexible and sometimes long shifts (10+ hours).
- Must be willing and able to do overnight travel 2-3 times per month.
- High School or Equivalent Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Field Experience preferred.
- Self-discipline and unwavering sense of urgency to deliver business results is required.
- Ability to communicate with excellent customer service skills required.
- Can use sound judgement with electricity, water, and equipment.
- Proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is preferred.
- Familiar with tools and applications.
- Animal Care Experience is a plus.
This is a full-time position. Salary/incentive bonuses. The company will provide uniforms, company phone and a company vehicle.
100% Paid Health Insurance for the Employee
401K plan/Dental/Life Insurance Available