Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Marketing & Sales Manager
If your background includes selling capital equipment, engineered systems in industrial automation serving food/beverage, cosmetics, liquid chemicals/fertilizer, health and beauty, paints/stains or sealants, you have found the right opportunity here.
The candidate chosen will maintain and expand sales base within existing accounts and develop new accounts within the respective region. Through consultative sales process, assess customer needs and provide solutions based on those needs. Provide input and insights into product and service opportunities to increase penetration of existing accounts as well as opportunities to penetrate new accounts and markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Ability to self motivate and manage activities to meet and exceed sales minimums
- Ability to complete reporting requirements of Marketing & Sales Manager
- Ability to follow up and close out open quotes in a timely manner (win or lose)
- Ability to complete and maintain a shared sales calendar
- Ability to timely manage and communicate project details (including changes):
- Appropriate documentation of scope / project specifications / change forms
- Definition of field measurement and sample needs
- First time job reviews
- Ability to complete detailed customer line survey documentation
- Ability to follow up and ensure customer is satisfied with our products and services
- Ability to assist in training of new sales associates and representative groups
- Ability to travel to and from various customers within the sales region. Extensive travel required at times.
- Ability to learn and utilize CRM software to manage accounts
- Ability to work with sister companies and other Regional Sales Managers to leverage product offering and multi-site customer locations
- Ability to identify and effectively communicate problems with packaging equipment
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret common contracts and documents as would be expected within the sales profession and to effectively respond to inquiries from customers, other associates and members of the business community.
Ability to apply common mathematical concepts required, including concepts such as discounts, interest, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical sales situations.
Ability to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A professional certification is not required. A valid driver’s license is required.