SALES MANAGER – B2B INDUSTRIAL
Lucas Group is partnered with a leading manufacturer of high quality blades and cutting solutions since 1946, who is seeking a well-organized, customer centric, highly motivated Territory Sales Manager. Our client proudly serves the foam, wood, pallet, leather, packaging, metal fabrication and food processing industries. They're a family-owned business who has a strong culture and an average tenure of over 11 years, proof that the employees enjoy working there and embrace, celebrate and live the core values of respect, integrity, positive attitude and passion every day.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of business development with industrial sales and technical experience. This role will inherit 350-450 accounts along with developing new relationships. This position is located in the corporate office in the West Suburbs of Chicago and requires up to 35% travel within the western US and Canada.
- Grow the business within the territory using a sales process with agreed upon measurable activities that demonstrate progress towards key metrics.
- Maintain and expand customer base by building and continuing rapport with key customers; providing appropriate training and support to distributors and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers.
- Build, track and manage a pipeline of qualified opportunities to closure.
- Complete cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the products and pricing structure.
- Use customer and prospect contact tools and software, and update relevant information held in these systems on a daily basis.
- Regularly meet with Director of Sales & Marketing to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients. Conduct thorough follow-up with territory leads after the close of the shows.
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth. Includes identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Plan and arrange business travel and accommodations.
- Planning and project management.
- Proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the Company.
- Strong professional, well written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Ability to conduct business relationships with customers at various organizational levels.