LOCATION: EITHER OMAHA, NE, KANSAS CITY MO OR KS, OR WICHITA, KS
REPORTS TO: WESTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
TRAVEL: 75% WITH SOME OVERNIGHT
Maintain a sales territory that achieves budgeted sales objectives and goals. Develop and maintain working relationships with a broad range of key contacts at assigned customers.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Build and maintain a sales territory that ensures budgeted sales objectives are either met or exceeded.
- Be proactive in the demand forecasting keeping accurate and reliable data in our internal systems.
- Increase sales within assigned geographic territory by increasing volume at existing customers, increasing scope of products used at existing customers, contacting and developing new commercial relationship and by transitioning customers using competitors’ products to the company
- Document and validate the company’s value-added components.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns through proactive personal efforts. Develop effective plans to resolve customer problems by effective utilization of internal resources.
- Collects information on product performance, market trends, and competitive developments. Prepares reports to keep organization informed.
- Maintains knowledge of product profitability and specific product emphasis.
SKILL AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Knowledge & Skills
- Business – Will require thorough in-depth knowledge of the commercial organization and its capabilities in order to understand how the organization may best serve the interests of its customers. Will require general knowledge of the Company's customers and competitors.
- Functional – Will require sound practical understanding of the commercial relationships and practices of the sales function.
- Knowledge and experience – 5-7 years solid experience working in the meat or food processing industry. Casing experience a definite plus.
- Educational training required – undergraduate degree preferred but not required.
- Required Competencies (select 6 max) (Leadership/Flexibility/Teamwork/Commitment to organizational values/Innovation/Customer orientation/resource management and planning) – Must be an excellent team player who is a self-starter. Incumbent must be highly motivated and be an affirmative advocate for our customers.