The Sales Manager for Tennis is responsible for achieving strategically aligned sales and brand development objectives for Mizuno's Tennis product lines within designated Accounts. The direct accountability for this position is to include: achieving sales, market share and variable profit targets within each account, and controlling selling related expenses.
This role is also responsible for developing sales territories with independent reps in the USA.
Sales activities are mapped under the strategy for Tennis CMO develops which is adhering to the brand strategy, philosophy and corporate values.
Receive Assignment From: CMO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position's primary responsibility is to manage the sell in, sell-through and profitability for Mizuno's Tennis products within designated Accounts in a manner consistent with the company's marketing plan and business policies.
- Develop, implement and execute comprehensive business development plans for each account by market to include SKU mix, purchase plans, in-store merchandising, store employee education, periodic consumer promotions, local market grass roots events and sell-through objectives
- Develop Sales Team with Independent rep to build the brand and the sales through specialty stores.
- Work Closely with product team to develop the sales.
- Report Monthly/Quarterly Sales & Profitability Results Analysis and Revised Annual Forecasts to CMO
- Provide market feedback and input to the Product Managers regarding product direction, competitive activities and strategically aligned business opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate and interface with all internal and account customer service departments to ensure timely, accurate and complete delivery of all merchandise orders. Ensure each Customer's Vendor Compliance Guidelines are understood and implemented
- Work in concert with the Credit Department to ensure each account's receivables balance is maintained in a "current" status. Assist in the timely resolution of all credit related receivable discrepancies
- Work in concert with the Brand Marketing Department to ensure in-store product displays, eCommerce branding and brand merchandising opportunities are maximized within each account
- Manage Promotional, Travel and Entertainment budgets
- Bachelor's Degree at a 4-year accredited College or University
- 10+ years selling experience including National Sporting Goods, Regional Retail Accounts, Independent Team Dealers and eCommerce Accounts in a brand building sales environment
- 30% travel required
- Previous selling experience in Equipment, Footwear and Apparel Sales
- Computer Literacy in word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Passion for and/or experience with Tennis
- Proven success in establishing relationships with pertinent, National Tennis retail partners
- Specific selling experience
- Experience in developing and executing sales programs.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills including influencing, team building, collaboration, strategic thinking
- Strong project management, budget control and analytical skills
- Results oriented, proactive, positive attitude
- Active listener and effective communicator at any level of the organization (both verbally and written) High degree of business and personal integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound financial and retail math skills
- Exceptional conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional negotiation abilities
- Ability to travel frequently and for up to a week at a time is required