Lucas Group has partnered with a Texas based oil and gas company in the Houston area on their search for a Machine Learning Engineer. This company has an integrated network of midstream energy assets and is well positioned to benefit from expected growth in both the production and demand for natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, and petrochemical products.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Business domain experts and Data Scientists to understand the business objective and develop high quality, scalable, analytical systems
- Research new technologies and create architectural strategies for data acquisition, data processing, and data storage which meet defined business objectives
- Architect, design, and implement data frameworks which streamlines the development and delivery of data products
- Experience in a technical leadership role creating and implementing solution architectures
- Strong understanding of software engineering practices such as Design Principles and Patterns, Unit Testing, Refactoring, CI/CD, and version control
- Experience in presenting and explaining complex concepts to stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of DevOps principles
- Experience in modern data platform technologies including Apache Airflow, PySpark, Kubernetes, Distributed File Systems, and Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) Databases
- Domain experience in Oil & Gas and/or an Engineering discipline such as Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering is preferred
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, or related field.
- 10+ years of programming experience in multiple programming languages
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Technology Lead Data Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Client Industry: Oil and Gas
Lucas Group ID:1589384