Lucas Group has strategically partnered with The Trevor Project, the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people.
At The Trevor Project, they have product management, user experience, machine learning, and software engineering teams that build and maintain the technology that powers their 24/7 crisis intervention and peer support services. As the first member of their new Program Management team, you will ensure that their ambitious projects are thoroughly scoped and delivered on time.
As the Trevor Project’s Technical Program Manager, understanding the impacts of projects across teams and verticals is in your DNA. You know the cause and effect of scoping decisions, timeline shifts, and communication strategies. On a daily basis, you’ll lead program governance by overseeing a portfolio of projects that will have an impact on the LGBTQ youth they serve, and those who serve them.
As the Technical Program Manager, you will lead specific program verticals at The Trevor Project through four key areas:
- Governance: You’ll set up the process of how the program will be managed, owning meetings, communication, and reporting on the program
- Leadership: You’ll work closely alongside the product managers and stakeholders to achieve alignment from Kick-off through launch
- Execution: You’ll own and balance all the components of the project that ladder up to risk and issues management, procurement, project tracking, reviews and approvals, and training
- Planning: You’ll oversee a portfolio of project plans to help guide the deliverables and work for each project under the program
Who you are:
- Experienced. You have an extensive track record of scoping, managing, and delivering digital products and services, and thoroughly understand all phases of the product and software development lifecycles. Perhaps you’ve been a Technical Program Manager, an engineering leader, a product manager, or in a similar role. Experience with Agile and Waterfall required.
- Results-focused. You establish clear timelines and operational frameworks that drive projects to completion. You feel comfortable delivering 360-degree feedback across the org chart to help our team achieve results.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork. You are able to successfully work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with diverse audiences. You have superior group facilitation, interviewing and influencing skills.
- Organized. You know how to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities through strong prioritization and planning and are comfortable navigating ambiguity. You are excited about building products in a rapidly evolving landscape.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do:
- Lead strategic alignment and technical delivery of company-wide initiatives
- Partner with all program stakeholders and lead execution from strategic objective to delivery
- Clarify project scopes, own timelines, define milestones, proactively manage risks, manage project escalations, and problem-solve alongside your teammates
- Lead change management efforts across multiple projects and cross-functional teams, developing a sixth sense for the impact of a decision on related efforts
- Develop metrics to support project success, meet specific organizational objectives and reach or achieve OKRs
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams during roadmap-planning process for projects that involve technology
- Work alongside the Senior Manager of Program Management to build out program management infrastructure for the Technology team