* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
This role is a stepping-stone to higher level management. The typical Career Path is Team Leader -> Department Manager -> Area Manager or Operations Manager. New hire will go through a 6-month training program.
Role is responsible for managing and supporting Distribution Operations Team Members (about 15 hourly workers) to ensure they perform their work efficiently by following preferred work methods. This role also manages labor (observations, attendance, etc.), identifies and addresses obstacles with equipment or employee concerns, and works to ensure safety, efficiency and quality goals are met.
- Seek ways to improve operations, reduce operating expenses, manage inventory through maintaining proper chain of custody, increase efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure equipment is in good working condition and used properly.
- Execute daily plans to meet delivery commitment time and productivity standards.
- Monitor work areas for safety concerns; ensure employees and products remain safe; work to reduce accident claim rates and lost time.
- Manage performance and develop employees; provide resources, training, feedback, and development opportunities.
- Interview, select and hire the best caring, diverse, knowledgeable people.
- Lead by example and create a fair, empowering, and safe work environment; maintain & encourage two-way communication.
Education and Work Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience at the Team Leader level or equivalent Corporate/Distribution/Manufacturing experience
- Experience with Warehouse, Supply Chain or Logistics Management Systems preferred.
Title: Team Leader
Location: Pottsville PA
Client Job ID: 1586259