Our client has engaged us in the search for a Director of Tax. You will be responsible for performing tax planning and oversight of all federal and state income tax compliance for partnerships,estates, trusts, corporations, LLCs, individuals and exempt organizations. Research complex tax issues and give guidance on matters such as entity selection for optimal tax savings.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- BBA in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Tax preferred
- Active CPA license required
- Big 4 tax experience preferred, 10+ years of related tax experience with emphasis on Partnerships, Trusts, Estates
- Working knowledge of tax preparation software such as GoSystem and MS Office required.
- High level of proficiency in data analysis and problem-solving.
- Tax review and hands-on tax prep for complex tax returns
- Research various tax issues as they arise throughout the year, including strategic business structuring and transaction planning.
- Responsible for providing tax information, such as tax estimates and Schedules K-1 for multiple tax partnerships.
- Liaison for federal and state tax audits.
- Keep abreast of federal and state income tax law changes .
- Communicate with various internal departments including legal, accounting, treasury and investment groups.