Do you want to be part of a collaborative and professional team? Are you ready for a rewarding new challenge in tax? Then we have an exciting opportunity for you. Our client is seeking a Tax Accountant in their US Corporate HQ in Houston.
The Tax Analyst prepares federal and state income tax returns, estimated taxes, income tax accruals, and provision computations for a large consolidated multinational group of entities. Will respond to state and IRS notices, information document requests, and complete special projects. Will work closely with others in the department and will report to the Tax Manager.
- Maintain tax records and prepare and review federal and state income tax returns.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual tax accruals and provision computations.
- Respond to notices and audit inquiries from the IRS and state taxing authorities.
- Maintain tax depreciation records for fixed assets.
- Prepare income tax related journal entries.
- Research and document issues related to tax and US GAAP topics.
- Two years of relevant Federal and State Tax.
- Public accounting tax background in a large firm preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Good understanding of GAAP tax accounting concepts.
- Experience with income tax software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a related field.
- CPA designation or completed parts preferred.