Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manages and supervises administration of Windows/Linux servers
- Manages and support AWS infrastructure
- Manages troubleshooting function to solve problems with system server hardware and software at desktop and server level
- Optimize program instances by scaling up and down systems, schedule shutdowns and automatically upscale when needed
- Assists IT management in developing short and long-range plans of computing resources both on premises and cloud
- Strong security knowledge for on premises and cloud
- Assists with evaluation of new computing technologies for company
- Assists with coordination and/or providing training to staff in the use of computer hardware and software
- Executes capacity and performance monitoring and reporting
- 5+ years information systems experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry
- Working knowledge of information technology, modern electronic data processing theory, and network applications.
- Exceptional ability in diagnosing and solving computer related problems while maintaining patience, professionalism, and courtesy.
- Strong knowledge AWS RDS, CloudWatch, Route53 and Lambda
- Ability to maintain efficient and effective automated systems; develop simple software programs; and assist in troubleshooting PC systems when needed.
- Considerable knowledge client/server network protocols and Internet/Intranet applications.
- Ability to solve problems accurately and exceptional proficiency in data management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex computer/information system’s information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: Microsoft Office 365, Windows Servers, SQL, and Exchange Online, AWS EC2, AppStream, WorkSpaces, VMWare vCenter/ESX infrastructure.
- Preferred: Strong working knowledge of oil and gas industry applications. PowerShell scripting proficiency.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field required
- Desired Certifications: MCSE, AWS, CCNA
Title: Systems Admin
Location: Houston, TX
Lucas Group ID: 1578406