Lucas Group is seeking Systems Engineer with strong background in SCCM for a full-time, direct-hire opportunity in downtown Cincinnati.
This role is responsible for implementing, tuning and supporting the core server infrastructure. Includes domain controllers, file servers, print servers, email, database servers, ERP systems, and VDI infrastructure. Responsible for the implementation, tuning and support of other core hardware devices such as enterprise server blade enclosures, application load balancers, SAN support and administration, data backup architecture and digital tape libraries for offsite data archival.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Formulates, develops, and recommends integrated core server architectures for the company information systems
- Recommends standards for core systems infrastructure, to include standards for hardware, OS, configuration, performance turning and system security
- Implements, tunes and supports core server infrastructure operating systems and application software, as appropriate; provides on-call support for core infrastructure systems as required
- Maintains a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art systems technologies, architectures and products as appropriate based on the core server infrastructure
- Assists where available with low level networking administration
- Managing, monitoring and configuring backups for enterprise
- Maintains system compliance in line with J-SOX standards
- Assists in planning and recommending future technologies for the core server infrastructure
- Documents and maintains work instructions along with integral diagrams pertaining to the core systems infrastructure through the infrastructure team's documentation repository
- Assists Service Desk in advanced troubleshooting on miscellaneous issues where appropriate
- Responsible for adhering to all Company J-SOX related compliance processes and procedures