Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Supply Chain Manager for their swing shift: 3pm-11pm & 11pm-7am.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Supply Chain Manager – Manufacturing works closely with Department manager to lead all activities associated with the manufacturing/production department for the facility. She or he is responsible for people and team development, motivating the team and ensuring quality performance. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit across all shifts. The Manufacturing Manager will be developing a team consisting of hourly associates and salaried team members.
- Ensure team compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain product quality and sanitation standards.
- Optimize operational efficiencies to support the production, warehouse, and shipping of products.
- Identify and oversee operational improvements necessary to deliver the site annual operating plan (AOP). Ensure cost performance gaps are identified, action plans are developed and resources are properly allocated.
- Track operational output measures (i.e. efficiency, yield loss, product quality, inventory accuracy, transactional accuracy), anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership to drive business changes while minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Flex production plans on a shift by shift basis to prevent service issues and operational inefficiencies.
- Optimize ingredient and packaging material usage to minimize scrap loss.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, contracts and procedures.
- Lead and motivate the operations team in a manner consistent with the site Vision, Mission, and Guiding Principles
- Coach teams to demonstrate continuous improvement in profitability margins, efficiencies and cost savings initiatives.
- Lead the organization in the development of natural work teams.
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- You will have a regular presence on the plant floor
- Manager role may require off-shift and weekend work and some travel (less than 5%)
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field.
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- You should possess strong skills, knowledge and capability in TPM or lean manufacturing, finance and accounting, project management, leadership, and statistics/logical problem solving.
- Proven working knowledge of the following business enterprises
- HSE/quality regulatory compliance, processing/packaging/warehouse operations, maintenance and engineering, ingredient and package material procurement, production planning & deployment, sales and marketing, research and development, and excellent communication, facilitation and influence skills.
- Preferred Experience developing hourly and supervisory staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision-making
- Proven ability to thrive in a results-oriented, meaningful environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to encourage and get results through mentoring others
Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Vancouver, WA
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: