Lucas Group has partnered with our Food Manufacturing client in New York, New York in their quest to identify a Supply Chain Manager for their emerging Northeast team. This is a very visible and key leadership position that is critical to their success. The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating all inbound supply chain activities to include raw materials, ingredients and packaging supplier and vendor relationships using SAP.
- Establish and maintain SOP’s, Strategies, and Metrics for company and external contractor partnerships to include inventories of all imported raw materials, finished goods and packaging materials.
- Determine adequacy of safety stock (materials + finished goods) based on lead-time, shelf life, and production/sales strategy.
- Maintain all inbound transactions in SAP ERP system in real-time accuracy
- Work with company executive team and external consultants to investigate and solve problems resulting from chronic and/or high impact material shortages.
- Support Quality & broader Operations team during material/product withdrawals and recalls within raw material, finished product and packaging vendors.
- Support Innovation and Renovation projects for material sourcing, line qualifications, plant, and sales forecast readiness.
- Support Business teams during production and material transitions (i.e. Repatriation, Make vs. Buy, Reformulations, and supplier changes).
- Lead and support review of Finished Product SKU/material rationalization.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Supply Chain/Operations, Business Management, Inventory Management, Finance, or related with SAP experience.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of experience in supporting a Food Manufacturer (contract manufacturing a plus) relationships from supply chain standpoint
- Experience in leading or driving Food Product Commercialization including import of ingredients globally
- Proven experience with building and implementing processes, routines, and tools for process improvements and to deliver results.
- Able to effectively develop, coach and train and team of supply chain professionals to include contractors and/or core staff
Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: New York, New York
Client Industry: Food Manufacturing
Client Job ID: 1580907