Lucas Group is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our client's group of highly talented professionals. The ideal candidate will utilize their leadership skills to ensure that the organization's core values of developing quality products and ensuring a safe and productive work environment are maintained. The candidate will be someone who enjoys collaborating and providing support to production, engineering, marketing, and sales to effectively address customer concerns, manufacturing problems, and other product support. They will be highly motivated to demonstrate results and achieve excellence while being surrounded by others who inspire innovation through process improvement and cost reduction.
The Supply Chain Manager will provide strategic leadership and oversight of Finished goods, manufactured goods, and supply chain activities to ensure the cost-effective production and timely delivery of high-quality products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Supply Chain Manager will have several roles and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Develop, deploy and ensure adherence to policies and procedures for all supply chain activities including purchasing, planning, warehousing, order fulfillment, and logistics
- Create a strong and efficient materials organization that coordinates effectively with other functions while continuing to improve overall performance results for the company
- Develop and implement actions needed to achieve corporate and division strategic goals, including cost reductions, in-sourcing, quality improvements, supply chain flexibility and reliability, alternate low-cost sourcing, lead-time reductions and inventory turns improvements
- Oversee all supply chain aspects for new product development and operationalization.
- Ensure talent assessment, development, training and hiring across the supply chain team is effective to grow capabilities and support the succession planning requirements
- Provide leadership to fully leverage the ERP system capabilities across the business including all purchasing, planning, buying, MRP, SIOP & Inventory Management
- Participate as a key member of the Operations management team. Collaborate well with other managers and functions to improving overall business performance
- 7-10 years’ experience in Global multi-operations supply chain management in high volume assembly and large scale fabrication operations
- 3-5 years’ Senior Level experience in leading materials organizations and effectively deploying and overseeing materials management processes and activities.
- SAP experience preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate abilities in; leading step-function improvements in delivery performance, inventory management, cost reductions and past contributions to the development and implementation of world-class materials management processes and techniques.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, and negotiation skills, across all levels of the organization.
- Skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Desired Qualification and Attributes:
- Bachelors or MBA in supply chain
- APICS certification
- Hands-on, high-energy individual with an eagerness to learn and excel, and the capability to engage other in training and bringing out their best performance.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and the resilience to handle stressful situations
- High potential for career advancement to Director of Supply Chain
Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Valencia, CA
Lucas Group ID: 1575714