Lucas Group has partnered with our client in their search for a Supervisor, Logistics Engineering.
Supervisor of Logistics Engineering is to lead a team of direct reports dedicated to the scientific organization of transport, distribution, warehousing and inventory control of materials & finished goods. The Supervisor of Logistics Engineering will lead, review, and approve the analysis, design and implementation of operating solutions that are more efficient and cost effective while optimizing service and shipment quality to our global customers. This role will be responsible for key logistics project initiatives through system enhancements, automated material handling systems, work standards, process and methods analysis, network modeling and information management.
- Analyze corporate wide initiatives and determine how process improvements can be made to benefit the organization. Some benefits may include cost reduction, quality initiatives, timeliness of product delivery, shipment optimization, stronger vendor relationships and increased operating efficiencies.
• Design, develop and/or configure ERP and Transportation Management Systems to optimize service and operating efficiencies. This includes the reports, forms, interfaces, custom programs and conversions.
• Partner with Global IT to implement network and connectivity projects. Provide point of contact for on-site support related to network diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Ability to learn SAP modules and other business applications as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel for data and statistical analysis.
- Use of Continuous Improvement Tools (DMAIC process)
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree: BS/BA in a business related or technical discipline
- Work Experience: 5-8 years distribution experience
Title: Supervisor, Logistics Engineering
Location: Nashville, TN
Client Industry: Medical Device
Lucas Group ID: 1588018