* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Responsible for Gas Control operations and ensuring that all training, operator qualification, operation, state regulatory requirements are in compliance. Individual will also be responsible for filling in for shift work (as required), budget development, public and employee safety, and oversight of the Gas Control Operations Center to assure safe, reliable distribution and system operation. In addition the selected candidate will:
This position reports directly to the Senior Supervisor Gas Control. The Gas Control System Supervisor operates and monitors the Massachusetts and Connecticut natural gas distribution systems on a 24/7 basis under the Control Room Management Plan (CRM). These activities provide a safe and reliable supply of natural gas to customers by operating the distribution systems within the limits of applicable Federal, State, and Company codes and standards.
- The Gas Control System Supervisor is the ‘System Quarterback’, independently responsible for providing oversight, authorization to proceed, and supervision for the gas system, ensuring safe and reliable flows, pressures, volumes, odorization rates, and other specified parameters while operating the Company Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA). These 24/7 shift duties are performed with personal accountability and system responsibility under the Control Room Management (CRM) plan 49 CFR 192.631 policies and procedures and while providing reasonable suspicion and fitness for duty assessments of co-workers and on-call field personnel who are working on system after hours. Position responsibilities include:
- Monitors and operates the gas distribution systems within prescribed limits.
- Provides 24/7 authorization to proceed for OM 140 qualified work.
- Has authority to direct personnel to respond to SCADA alarms.
- Has authority to direct personnel to make system changes.
- Responsible for executing and directing OM 441 SCADA Point-to-Point procedure.
- Reports Abnormal Operating Conditions to appropriate personnel in accordance with CRM
- Forecasts and dispatches LNG for an assigned area, associated with up to seven LNG Plants.
- Directs LNG Plant personnel to cool down, send-out, and secure the vaporization process.
- Remotely operates and controls up to four Liquid Propane Gas/Air (LPGA) injection plants.
- Monitors LNG and LPGA activity that could impact system operations.
- Monitors daily system supply requirements and advises the Gas Supply department of load and weather changes.
- Provides volume checks and variances for Firm and Transportation supply nominations using the pipeline EBBs.
- Coordinates field maintenance activities with Field Work Coordinators and other field personnel.
- Provides clearance for Pipeline Company personnel making system adjustments and repairs as well as entering and exiting shared facilities.
- Logs all pertinent shift activity in electronic log book and performs shift turnover per CRM.
- Coordinates Gas Control emergency response activity in accordance with CRM requirements.
- Reviews all reports and logs provided by the SCADA system daily.
- Ensures field personnel follow CRM based procedures to include point-to-point verifications, three-part communication, and response to system alarms.
- Contacts after hour support personnel to include, but not limited to I&R, SCADA, IT, LNG, LPGA, System Analysis, Eversource Communications, and Telecommunication Companies.
- Performs Technician Call Outs for I&R, LNG, and LPGA personnel.
- Maintains Federally Mandated Operator Qualifications and CRM System Operation Qualifications.
- Participates in the Company’s Performance Review Program and Field Training opportunities in respective states.
- Perform other business required tasks.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires a high degree of technical knowledge in natural gas transmission, distribution system configuration, and gas regulator station/SCADA system operations. Must possess excellent communication skills, the ability to read mapping systems, an understanding of gas pressure and flow relationships, remote telemetering and control, LNG/LPGA operations, applicable Federal and State codes, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and GIS.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent Business-related discipline.
Experience: Five (5) to ten (10) years related work experience in an operational/managerial environment.
Licenses & Certifications: None