* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Job Description & Responsibilities:
This is a HIGHT TRAVEL position. Travel is 80-100%. Installation projects can run 2-6 Months. In this case, 100% travel can mean 7 days per week, depending on the project. For multiple week projects Superintendents typically go home every other weekend if they choose so (TH-M), in which case someone will backstop them on the client’s site while they’re gone. There are frequently gaps between projects, depending upon the clients’ schedules, so 100% travel over the year will typically wind up being 80% travel when it’s all totaled.
Supervises assigned construction projects and obtains successful cost results with respect to labor and equipment utilization.
- Pre-plans and schedules jobsite activity as required. Develops and updates short term 3-day look-ahead schedules for construction activities. Oversees field office files.
- Plans and develops installation sequencing, materials handling, reviews crew sizes, equipment requirements, OEM technician coordination, and task sequences.
- Facilitates and coordinates safety and site-specific training for all hourly jobsite personnel. Assists in applicable jobsite training of onsite APM's and Assistant Construction Managers.
- Manages requirements of the NPDES. Posts required documentation in compliance with national, state and local labor laws. Administers company policies and procedures fairly and consistently.
- Prepares Daily Report and communicates project activity to the project team.
- Facilitates daily update meetings with owner.
- Facilitates daily work plan development, review, and approval.
- Purchases miscellaneous administrative materials and requisitions equipment, including rental equipment (golf carts, forklifts, scissor lifts, etc.). Receives and maintains purchased materials and rented equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring receiving, storage, and staging of equipment is executed properly. Coordinates identifying equipment storage and subcontractor laydown space with owner.
- Responsible for subcontractor scope management compliance. Complies with contract specifications, PO's, SC's and permitting agencies for required inspections. Responsible for overseeing all equipment rigging activities including coordination of cranes, lift plans, etc. In existing operating facilities, coordinates rigging activities with owner’s facility team.
- Reports, verifies and documents to management extra work or scope changes requested by Owner, or required by job conditions, which are beyond the original estimate or contract documents.
- Responsible for developing and executing sequence of installation plan for entire project scope.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate housekeeping is maintained on job site.
- Identifies and executes required construction/installation barriers and boundaries
- Verify layout of accurate lines and grades for all work. Reviews project submittals and routes them appropriately.
Skills and Work Requirements:
- Five years applicable Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing equipment installation experience; Two years supervisory experience in manufacturing equipment installation environment.
- Rigging knowledge and/or experience is strongly desired
- Fork lift operation; Aerial work platforms (Lift training)
- Arc Flash Electrical Safety; First Aid and CPR
- OSHA 30-hour course certification every 3 years
Title: Superintendent-Manufacturing Systems
Location: Anywhere near major US airport
Client Job ID: 1579756