Our client is a 100 year-old global, family owned company that is an industry leader in providing material handling, wastewater treatment, pollutant control, BOP services, and other systems to support the power, coal, wastewater & other industries. We are exclusively partnering with them on a Structural Engineering Manager opening to work out of their HQ in the northern Chicago suburbs.
Our client has 80% of the market share and a great reputation within their areas of expertise. We are looking for a licensed PE or SE with a strong leadership ability to lead their team & projects. This is a direct-hire (salaried) position offering a strong compensation package with benefits and a strong possibility of continued professional growth & promotion opportunities.
Structural Engineering Manager Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and direct the entire Structural Engineering and Physical Design processes.
- Ensure quality, schedule, and cost commitments are met.
- Create and implement operating plans and procedures in Structural Engineering & Physical Design departments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Lead a team of 6 Structural Engineers including hiring, training, mentoring, career development, and project support.
- Interact with other Engineering & cross-functional departments representing the Structural Engineering team.
Structural Engineering Manager Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years of Structural Engineering and 4 or more years of management experience.
- Licensed in Illinois as a PE or SE.
- Experience in the utility, power, and/or oil & gas industry is preferred but not required.