Our client is a privately held & rapidly growing consumer products manufacturing company. We are partnering with them on a Strategic Sourcing Manager opening located in the Chicago metro. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company within the industry that is experience growth through both growing sales for their existing brands & also acquiring unique companies that enhance their portfolio.
Our client has been recognized for being one of the fastest growing companies several years in a row, so we are looking for go-getter interested in a fast-paced environment. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will manage a team both locally and also located in Asia. We are looking for a leader with CPG (preferably cosmetics) procurement experience, including domestically and internationally. This role is a part of the leadership team and offers a strong compensation package.
Strategic Sourcing Manager Responsibilities
- Responsible for the strategy of all sourcing, procurement, planning, and cost savings on a global scale.
- Manage the purchasing of all raw materials, indirect, MRO, and services.
- Provide leadership to a team of 18 including 3 Managers as direct reports.
- Leverage data to analyze supplier base, cost saving opportunities, and areas for continuous improvement.
- Manage & improve all existing SOPs and systems.
- Act as a strategic resource for contract negotiation, vendor selection, and supplier evaluation.
Strategic Sourcing Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations, or a related field is required.
- An MBA, M.S. degree or any relevant certifications are preferred.
- At least 5 or more years driving strategic procurement on a global scale.
- Knowledge or CPG purchasing (cosmetics highly preferred).
- Ability to work with executive leadership and a diverse set of suppliers.
- Previous success managing a global procurement team.
- Experience with contract negotiation and ability to identify cost saving initiatives.