* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience. *
Responsible for coaching, motivating, and leading the stockroom employees to accomplish the productivity goals for the day and establishing a culture of positive employee relations while ensuring all processes, best practices, and policies are adhered to consistently.
This role is a floor position that will require 75% of the workday spent in the stockroom operations. The Stockroom Manager will be responsible for a 3-shift operation 7x24 managing three supervisors along with 30-40 material handlers. This role will require the Stockroom Manager to create a climate in which people want to do their best; empowers others; invites input from each person; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Provides daily direction and leadership to the stockroom department supervisors and material handlers.
- Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of the staff.
- Accountable for staffing, training, motivation and leadership within the stockroom department; organizes and conducts all required training activities for the stockroom department.
- Makes recommendations for manpower needs including involvement in recruitment and selection process within the stockroom department.
- Be able to perform all activities of personnel supervised.
- Accountable for the safe operation of all equipment, including forklifts, hand tools, and other equipment in the operation.
- Ensures that orders transacted are verified against pertinent documentation.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for determining and meeting company and customer delivery commitments by handling materials, providing labor, and effective use of time.
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and promotes continual improvement within the Stockroom operations.
- Define KPIs where necessary (ideally through internal or external benchmarking), analyze process performance and suggest process improvement or user training.
- On Time Delivery: Responsible for researching missed or late shipments/staging for production lines.
- Shipping/Staging Errors: Responsible for researching and identifying root cause.
- Inventory control: Research/reconcile end of day cycle count variances.
- Resolves emergent issues for expedited deliveries to the customer.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience OR Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience
- Experience using SAP.
- Understanding of production scheduling and forecasting principals.
- Experience with SOPs, GMP, ISO, JIT, MRP.
Title: Stockroom Manager
Location: Sunnyvale CA
Lucas Group Job ID: 1586239