Lucas Group is working with a leading provider of software solutions in Dallas, TX. Their Accounting and Finance Team has partnered with us to identify a talented Staff/Project Accountant on a full-time, direct hire basis.
The Staff/Project Accountant will be accountable for billing, contract review and communication with Project Managers, and additional accounting duties within a technical application environment.
No remote access; on-site only.
Completion of a 2 year degree within Accounting, Finance or Business; actively working on a 4 year and/or 10+ years of working experience.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of accounting experience within Contract Review and Billing
- Intermediate to Advanced skill-set with MS Excel (Vlookups & Pivot Tables)
- Great Plains experience is preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics and Replicon experience are a plus
KEY JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the project billing process, including responding to client inquiries, verifying employee’s chargeable time; in accordance with the established accounting standards and billing policy
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Manager
- Issue final invoices and file customer invoice copies in the customer master files
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of customer billing; communicate with the Accounting Manager, as to your observations and actions taken
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures
- Provide the accounting clerk with advice on client billing, relative to customer invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the project accountant maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash
- Generate and distribute weekly receivables reports and monthly margin reports
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses, and open and close time classes in Replicon
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the Accounting Manager
- Review weekly time sheets, along with the accounting group
- Analyze the P & L accounts monthly, as assigned by the Accounting Manager
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, as directed by the Accounting Manager
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle
- Prepare special project analyses for the PICs, PMs and others
- Provide interim and year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement