Our client, a large multi billion-dollar manufacturing company, is seeking an entry level Staff Accountant to join their corporate accounting team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established, growing organization, with strong tenure and a proven growth path. Looking for candidates with a passion for accounting and desire to grow within an organization.
Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Sandy Springs
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Posting of journal entries to ensure cash related activities have been properly recorded.
- Manage daily cash application of payments and monthly bank reconciliations. Reconcile daily cash balances for all concentration accounts for cash disbursements and collected.
- Complete monthly-consolidated cash activities reports, interplant and intercompany billings, cash accounting journals, coding and interest accrual reports.
- Work closely with treasury and finance teams as well has department leaders
- Proactively seek out areas of improvement and automation.
- Provide input on streamlining processes, enhancing coordination and developing efficiencies for owned processes.
- Support year-end audits by providing reporting and required documentation
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- Must have 3.0+ GPA
- 0-2 years accounting experience
- Must have strong Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of US GAAP; specifically as related to accrual accounting and the matching principle
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Previous experience working with AP, AR or cash function
- Track record of success
- Detail and ‘hands on’ oriented