Our firm has been selected to conduct a search for a Staff Accountant on behalf of an oil and gas drilling company based in Houston. This position is open due to promotion. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 plus years’ progressive accounting experience with increased responsibility. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic growing company which provides solid career growth.
Compensation: up to $63K
This position will entertain a competitive range of compensation including base salary and competitive benefits.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in following areas: GL close process, Financial reporting, Audit
- Working knowledge of MS Excel.
Some responsibilities include…
- Perform monthly/quarterly close process ensuring all entries are accurate and processed timely for assigned areas
- Complete analysis/reconciliations of income statement and balance sheet accounts and investigates deviations from forecasts or historical trends
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as required by management
- Overtime will be necessary during monthly closings, year-end reporting, audit, and for special projects