Senior Tax Analyst
Our client is adding a new position to their tax team! The Senior Tax Analyst will be located in City Centre in West Houston. The position will support the Tax Manager with all areas of tax compliance, planning and provision work.
Key areas of Responsibilities include:
- Annual sales and use tax returns and other transaction tax related filings.
- Tax general ledger account roll-forwards
- Maintain all documentation needed to support various transaction tax filings such as exemptions, and other required certifications
- Audit/review accounting transactions to ensure compliance with tax filings
- Perform tax research to ensure compliance in multiple tax jurisdictions including local, state and foreign locations.
- Work with taxing authority in new tax jurisdictions for tax compliance
- Assist in responding to tax notices and liaison for tax audits
- Assist Tax Manager with corporate tax return work-papers federal and state and foreign tax filings
- Assist Tax Manager with tax provision calculation.
Educational and Experience requirements:
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA and/or master’s degree in taxation preferred
- 3 to 5 years of progressive tax experience including 3 years in public accounting
The successful candidate will also have soft skills that include:
- Thrive in a fast paced, multiple priority environment
- A high performer; driven to deliver quality results with a high degree of integrity
- Able to identify and prioritize critical issues
- Excellent communication skills, team oriented
- Audit, analyze and manipulate big data sets
- Experience in MS Office with intermediate Excel