Position: Senior Revenue Accountant
Role Overview: Our successful, technology client is adding a new Sr. Revenue Accountant to their team.
- Perform month-end close processes; prepare deferred revenues and accrued revenues entries, deferred revenue reconciliations, reviews of customer contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in compliance with ASC 606
- Process revenue recognition through NetSuite/Open Air
- Manage the on-hold revenue process including interfacing with the professional services team on appropriate revenue recognition
- Calculate quarterly revenue and efficiency adjustments under ASC 606 as well as assist in monitoring revenue recognition guidelines
- Drive revenue accounting by ensuring policy compliance in place, and developing standard procedures
- Document sales contracts and related revenue accounting treatment in accordance with ASC 606 and company policies.
- Build cross-functional working relationships within the company and provide technical guidance, training, and support to the Finance, Legal and Business Development teams.
- Work actively with external auditors to ensure that revenue recognition interpretations are consistent and adhere to GAAP
- Ability to identify and effectively communicate system and data issues to department managers, assist with implementing improvement action plans as needed, and follow through to ensure errors are corrected timely
- Prepare deferred revenues, unbilled receivables and accrued revenues schedules and journals
- Review customer agreements to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies in accordance with relevant accounting literature and corporate policy
- Prepare audit schedules, and assist the company’s external auditors in the revenue function
- Identify process improvements and implement changes to improve efficiency and scalability, and to mitigate risk
- Assist and analyze recurring detailed monthly billing which ensures revenue accuracy
- Resolve all issues that arise from inaccurate milestones/projects that would affect revenue recognition.
- Review capital project costs, reclass costs as necessary, and create final assets
- Work effectively with business teams throughout the company including Engineering, Information Technology, and Tax to ensure capital and operating expenses are accurately recorded
- Ensure capitalized software activities are accurately presented under US GAAP
- Prepare analysis to support SOP 98-1 capitalization for internal costs
- Assist Team with reengineering accounting processes, including development of workflows and dashboards
- Responsible for various GL account reconciliations related to responsible accounting areas
- Assists with the preparation and review of reports and journal entries for lease accounting under ASC 842
- A proven background in Accounting and Revenue Recognition ASC 606
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP standards
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat: Specific MS Excel experience with vlookups, pivot tables, sorting, filtering, and advanced formula functions
- Demonstrated attention to detail and good organization skills
- Resourceful and able to identify areas of possible improvement
- Experience analyzing and reconciling large sets of transactional data
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Experience with mid-size ERP software, NetSuite preferred
Location: Westminster, CO
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.