Reporting to the Director of Corporate Development, the Sr. Project Manager will be an integral member of the development organization. While most of your time will be spent on management of our new facilities, the Sr. Project Manager will also be responsible for ad hoc projects such as remodels and build outs. The goal of this role would be to development into the head of a project management office at our corporate office.
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible and accountable for ensuring that each project meets the goal of being first in class, on schedule, at or below budget, and promotes teamwork, communication, leadership and customer satisfaction. The position requires strong communication, interpersonal, training, and leadership skills and will push to create an environment of accountability and best in class process management.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and coordinate all phases of new build construction projects from initiation of design concepts through design, implementation, and grand opening
- Ensure project requirements are defined, operating budgets established within defined returns parameters, and timelines laid out
- Monitor construction budgets and take action as needed
- Monitor and review project progress and provide support as necessary
- Monitor cash flow and take action as needed to ensure a positive cash flow
- Act as primary contact for facility project activities and be responsible for multiple concurrent project logistics & leadership, communication, reviews of cost, schedule and performance
- Establish schedule milestones and monitor adherence to master plans, standards, construction specifications, budgets, and schedules
- Identify problems and develop solutions in line with corporate growth goals
- Frequently interface with senior management on significant decision making or status.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years of professional and relevant experience or 3+ years of experience with a Masters degree
- Experience managing multiple financial budgets and scheduling milestones related to project management ranging in excess of $5M
- Experience leading and driving multiple concurrent project teams through project life cycles for successful on schedule and budget project completion
- Ability to prioritize projects and related tasks with organizational direction and budget standard guidelines
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems, recommends or lead operational change as technical leader
- Strong leadership that drives accountability and uses experience and knowledge to promote change
- 5+ years of commercial construction experience
- Ability to motivate teams and demonstrate excellent interpersonal customer skills, time management, and organizational strength
- Construction background including managing and negotiating with architectural & engineering firms, general contractors, and subcontractors
- Project management PMP Certification