* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Sr. Production Supervisor is responsible for the hiring, training and performance management of a group of production and support workers in a major department of a plant or the entire plant on a given shift, depending upon the size of the operation. Schedules and supervises production, implements process improvements and is responsible for the safety and productivity of the workforce and the quality of the product. Ensures that the production schedules are met. May also be responsible for maintenance depending on the size of the operations and the needs of the business.
• Supervises manufacturing activities in a high Speed automated assembly environment. Manages all productivity and quality-related issues within the manufacturing team
• Hires, develops and trains direct labor personnel
• Monitors production, technical and support personnel
• Ensures that safety regulations, regulatory controls, policies and procedures are followed
• Initiates and documents Safety Corrective Actions and ensures on-time completion
• Initiates and oversees quality and process improvements
• Leads and carries safety and quality process auditing
• Monitors and reports on shift-related key performance indicators (KPI’s), including scrap monitoring.
• Undertakes special projects as required
• Promotes and uses techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma and Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing)
• Contributes and supports continuous improvement activities on lead processes
• Position requires an individual who is enthusiastic, hardworking and has a “can-do” attitude.