Are you a Senior Procurement Specialist who likes a challenge, who wants to make an impact and have your voice heard? Are you an expert in the offshore sector - specifically the Gulf of Mexico? Our client is looking for a dynamic, flexible Senior Procurement Specialist for their Houston location.
As a Senior Procurement Specialist, you will have the ability to support our client's offshore facilities engineering function across all aspects in supply chain management. You will also have the ability to touch many parts of the internal business as well as support outside engineering firms. Topside project experience in the Gulf of Mexico is a must have. Candidates who do not have Gulf of Mexico experience will not be contacted.
We are looking for someone who has the desire to learn and drive to succeed. To thrive in this role, you will need to possess the following minimum skills, experience and educational background:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain
- 10+ years of experience supporting facilities, construction, or projects for an offshore O&G company (E&P or EPC)
- Experience in the Gulf of Mexico (must have)
- Experience using purchasing and payment systems
- Sourcing and bidding for offshore construction and fabrication materials, equipment and services
- Evaluating proposals