Seeking a Senior Performance Engineer in the Tampa Bay area. This highly motivated Engineer will be responsible for the monitoring, analysis, troubleshooting and reporting overall performance.
This role will also help measure and report the financial performance of the Enterprise in the Cloud, by supporting cost transparency efforts, and helping to develop mature cost metrics and benchmarking.
- Experience related to Performance analysis and monitoring across multiple areas including Infrastructure, Application, Network and Security for medium to large scale companies.
- 5 years for Jr roles
- 10 years for Sr roles
- Intermediate knowledge of IT performance metrics. Experience with data management, report design, data visualization and presentation techniques
- Experience with one or more Cloud platforms; Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Service (AWS), Google Cloud or IBM Cloud as it relates to performance and cost management.
- Intermediate experience with Application and Network Performance Management Tools
- Intermediate experience with Network or Security Operations Center.
- Experience with BI reporting tools such as MS PowerBI
- Intermediate experience with networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, VLANS, routing.
- Intermediate experience with networking elements such as load balancers, proxies, routers and switches.
- Network Security elements including intrusion protection systems, anti-virus, proxies, and firewalls.
- Datacenter fundamentals, server hardware systems, KVM, UPS.
- Candidate should have intermediate knowledge of troubleshooting performance issues with complex large-scale multi-tier and distributed application infrastructures.
- Intermediate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivator with the ability to work with some supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse, cross-functional teams, including external vendors.
- Time management in relation to assigned projects.