Sr. Manager, Purchasing
Partnering with our client in search of qualified candidates who share the vision of helping customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science products and service solutions. Our client is a $3 billion publicly traded organization with 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries. They are a leading provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services with a primary focus on healthcare, pharmaceutical and medical device customers.
The Purchasing Manger ensures that the organization receives materials in a timely and efficient manner, at competitive prices, without compromising safety and quality standards.
A. Coordinates, audits, improves and oversees the following:
- Securing quotes from qualified vendors;
- Negotiating with vendors to obtain most favorable prices and services consistent with quality requirements;
- Purchasing product to support MRP and non-inventory requirements;
- Expediting purchase orders in order to maintain flow and provide customer requests;
- Reconciling Accounts Payable discrepancies;
- Analyze suppliers and assist the quality department to assess the supplier meeting quality and regulatory requirements;
- Establish improvement objectives for suppliers by analyzing their performances and taking measures to ensure objectives are reached;
- Look for new opportunities by working with others within supply chain to improve company products and services;
- Assist the quality department, assessing and monitoring the supplier’s capability in meeting quality and regulatory requirements;
- Plan and negotiate long term contracts focusing on inventory goals, quality, and continuity of supply and corporate cost objectives;
- Audit and provide management information on purchasing performance criteria;
- Manage employee talent and development by coordinating reviews, recruitment/hiring, technical training, salary adjustments, corrective actions, and employee relations;
- Maintain results through coaching and counseling of staff, setting meaningful and measurable goals;
- Develop and manage department budget and expenses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Management.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of purchasing experience.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent team building, organizational, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Influential management and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with cross-functional team members.
- Fluent in English.