Our client is a family owned leader within their industry. They design & manufacture their products using the most advanced processes and equipment. A highly collaborative environment empowers employees to contribute to their culture of continuous innovation and improvement. Due to their growth and continued expansion, we are partnering with them on a Sr. Facilities & Maintenance Manager opening for their campus in Chicago. The Sr. Manager of Facilities & Maintenance is responsible for all machinery, buildings, and capital projects in addition to managing a team of around 20 Technicians & Mechanics. We are looking for an experienced manager with an undergrad degree, preferably in Engineering or a related technical field due to the various CAPEX and expansion work they have planned for this site. This is an essential role for the organization and will report directly to their Executive Leadership Team. We are offering a very competitive base salary, bonus, and benefit package for highly qualified individuals.
- Oversee maintenance & upkeep for all production equipment, buildings, and grounds.
- Drive continuous improvement and capital projects related to machine reliability, safety, equipment uptime, costs to repair, environmental impact, cost-to-operate, and ergonomics.
- Lead capital projects involving new machinery, redesigned manufacturing lines, site expansion, or Lean Manufacturing adherence.
- Create or update metrics to accurately capture the results of the department and improvements.
- Serve as the Lead Engineer for all strategic decisions relating to plant equipment and facilities.
- Hire, train, and develop the Maintenance & Janitorial staff to create a culture of respect and performance.
- Work collaborative with other departments on projects or to create processes.
- Manage the budget for the entire department.
- Interact with key stakeholders to gain buy-in for essential improvements within the campus.
- Participate in all Kaizen events, Lean, 5S, ISO, and all other CI & Manufacturing process improvement action items.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Reliability, or a related field is required.
- Previous experience as a Manager overseeing both plant equipment and facilities.
- ERP system knowledge. Oracle JDE/E1 is referred but not required.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 or 14001 standards.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a huge plus, but is not mandatory.